A Short Presentation on USIPI and its Programs
USIPI is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization.
All Donations are Tax-deductible.
US India Policy Institute
Welcome to US India Policy Institute
The US India Policy Institute (USIPI) envisions that citizens of India and the United States and the world at large are economically, educationally, politically and culturally engaged and have equal access to freedom, justice and opportunity without any prejudice.
India and the US are the World’s largest and oldest democracies. This special relationship is based on common commitment to equality, freedom, rights and equal access to resources and developmental opportunities. US India Policy Institute is committed to materializing this mission:
• Generate facts for effective public policy.
• Articulate policy vision for economic development, diversity, equal opportunity and inclusiveness.
• Stimulate a deep US and India relationship committed to sustainable development.
• Provide forum for debate and discourse on strengthening democracy, secular institutions and minority rights
in India and the US.
RESEARCH AND ACTIVITIES
• Conduct research and publish papers on sustainable development, democracy, diversity and equal
• Identify issues confronting the nations and suggest policy reform.
• Prepare Status Reports on issues of Development, Democracy and Diversity especially the
inter-relationships between them.
• Review of post-Sachar Committee inclusive policies on a regular basis.
• Diversity Index – prepare methodologies for indexing universities, States and business corporations.
• Research and Policy relating to elimination of bonded child Labor.
• Gender empowerment and family polices.
• Strive for establishment of equal opportunity commission leading to creation of ministries at federal and
• Articulate and study discriminatory practices in access to education, employment, banking and housing.
• Exchange programs and engaging civil society through dialog.
• Write speeches and policy brief for leaders on sustainable development, democracy and diversity.
• Generate new opportunity for dialogue and engagement with Government and other policy making bodies
such as the Planning Commission, Reserve Bank of India and Federations of Industry and commerce.
Passion for Truth and Evidence that Matter to People